[Review] Yves Saint Laurent Fusion Ink Foundation



As you may of heard, Yves Saint Laurent recently released their new Fusion Ink Foundation
in Australia. This foundation is now sold in most Myer & David Jones stores. 

Now onto the details, YSL describes this foundation as a weightless foundation that is matte and also wears all day without any heavy or cakey feeling. (SPF 18) 

Application: 
I find that when applying this foundation - it dries quite fast, so it is best if you work quickly before it starts to set. The texture is quite interesting, it is a liquid foundation but once you start blending it feels like your applying a primer, if you have used the benefit porefessional or the hourglass primer, it is the exact same feeling. It is a very silky texture and super smooth on the skin.

Since my skin is dry, the foundation doesn't look great, most of my dry patches show up, which isn't flattering at all. This foundation would look great on people who have normal to oily/combination skin.

The foundation does wear quite well through out the day and i don't see any rubbing off or anything like that. 


PROS                                     CONS
- Feels lightweight                 - Clings to dry patches
- Decent coverage                 - Expensive
                                               - Limited Shades  

I would recommend this foundation to anyone who loves a matte finish foundation and doesn't require full coverage foundation, but if you are interested in the foundation defiantly head down to a YSL counter near you to try a sample of the foundation before committing to a full size bottle. 

If you want to make the foundation less matte then just add a product such as the Chanel Le Blanc or the Benefit Girl Meets Pearl - they will help illuminate your base. 

For the price i would stick to my every day foundation which is the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I personally wont be going out to purchase a full size since i didn't love it.

In Australia this foundation this foundation retails for $85 for a 25ml bottle.


Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment below ~
    Instagram | Bloglovin | Twitter


10 comments

  1. I think I would love this foundation because it gives a matte finish!

    http://www.notesofglam95.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like something i would like, i really want to try some ysl makeup!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooved this product when I reviewed it!
    I've been using it most of the time I apply my makeup now, but yeah that's probably because I do have oily skin! I did notice it clung to a couple of my dry patches too but I had to use lots of moisturiser to help avoid that hahah x

    www.katinalindaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always ask for samples before buying a new high-end foundation! Too bad this one didn't work for you! Xx

    Alexandra | Glam O’Clock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, asking for a sample of foundation is a must!

      Delete
  5. I might have to ask for a sample and see if this one works for me! Great review

    www.mystictales.co

    ReplyDelete